- Care for the World Symposium: Collaboration, Openness, Transparency and Trust as Prerequisite for High Quality, Effective and Efficient Health Care.
- Moving Beyond eHealth Systems for ‘People Like Us’
Care for the World Symposium
Moving Beyond eHealth Systems for “People Like Us”
Many thanks to MedInfo for this great event, and especially to Thomas Karopka (Chair IMIA OS WG) and Paul Turner (Associate Professor, eHealth Services Research Group, University of Tasmania, Australia) for inviting me to be part of their symposium and workshop. It’s an honor for me to share with you such an important event, and to promote the adoption of Free Software in Public Health.
Looking forward to meeting all of you in Copenhagen !
GNU Health is a Free Health and Hospital Information System that provides the following functionality:
- Health Information System (Demographics, Epidemiology)
- Hospital Information System
- Electronic Medical Record
GNU Health won the Best Project of Social Benefit from the Free Software Foundation, among other international awards.
GNU Health is an official GNU Package , and is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO that delivers health with free software. GNU Solidario and the United Nations University, International Institute for Global Health have signed an agreement to implement and to train Health professionals GNU Health around the world.
GNU Health was presented at the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Communication Union (ITU) session “ICT for Improving Information and Accountability for Women’s and Children’s Health” at the World Summit on the Information Society – WSIS 2013 Forum in Geneva.
Desde el blog de Luis Falcón (English version)
Este evento ha sido organizado en cooperación con el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores de Malasia. Desde el sitio oficial de UNU-IIGH: “Este programa está en línea con el objetivo de la UNU-IIGH, que es la difusión de información y el fomento de capacidades en países en vías de desarrollo, hacia el logro de los Objetivos del Desarrollo del Milenio, entre los cuales se encuentra la accesibilidad a una asistencia sanitaria de calidad para todos”.
|GNU Health training partitipants at the United Nations IIGH|
eHealth for all !
GNU Health is a free Health and Hospital Information System that provides the following functionality :
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
GNU Health has been awarded the Best Project of Social Benefit from the Free Software Foundation in 2012.
GNU Health is the Hospital Information System chosen by the United Nations International Institute of Global Health. GNU Solidario and the United Nations University, International Institute for Global Health have signed an agreement to implement and to train GNU Health globally.
Main site : health.gnu.org
- Patient Nutrition management. Complex combinations that take into account therapeutics, pre-existing conditions, surgeries, lifestyles,
- vegetarianism and other belief-based diets.
- Inpatient medication medication and history log
- New nursing module
- Nursing roundings ( evaluations, procedures, medications … )
- New user profiles (doctors, nurses, clerks, …)
- New appointment reports
- Improved standard security profiles
- The translation project is now entirely done from Transifex, so the health center will install only the languages they need
- Revised and improved look and feel, from views to icons
- Many models datafiles ( medicaments, WHO essential meds, .. ) can be now modified from the client.
- Improve installation scripts and Archlinux support
- Improve search patient methods
Thanks to all of you who have collaborated in the mailing lists and IRC channels. The end users, developers, tryton community. Many thanks to the GNU community and to the Free Software Foundation for hosting GNU Health.
** Upgrade Notes **
There is no specific notes for this upgrade, so upgrading your previous GNU Health version will be straight forward. Please follow the general upgrade instructions at the GNU Health Wiki.