I am happy to announce the release of the Beta version of Medical, the award-winning free Health and Hospital Information System.
This beta version represents almost 2 years of work, with a multinational team of scientists, physicians, social workers, biochemists, pharmacists, translators and many others who have contributed their time.
Medical represents a solid alternative to proprietary systems, specially for those living in emerging economies and the underprivileged. It’s a free system put on the hand of health professionals and governments to improve the lives of their citizens.
The Beta version highlights are :
- Strong focus in family medicine and Primary Health Care
- Major interest in Socio-economics (housing conditions, substance abuse, nutrition, education…)
- Diseases and Medical procedures standards (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS)
- Patient Genetic and Hereditary risks : Over 4200 genes related to diseases (NCBI / Genecards)
- Epidemiological and other statistical reports
- Prescription writing
- Perinatal and puerperium
- Inpatient / Outpatient management
- 100% paperless patient examination and history taking
- Patient Administration
- Appointment management
- Doctor Administration
- Lab Administration
- Drugs and medication
- Medical stock and supply chain management
- Hospital Financial Administration
Medical and / or its homepage has been translated to Bahasa, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Spanish.
We are also working on the new documentation portal, that can be accessed directly from the Medical homepage
You can download and test Medical at sourceforge : http://medical.sf.net
Medical is part of GNU Solidario ( http://gnusolidario.org/en ) . GNU Solidario is a NGO that delivers education and health solutions with free software.